Recreational experiences and social opportunities are essential parts of one’s life. These activities factor into developing one’s identity, seeking personal fulfillment, and promoting overall happiness. Our vision of equitable opportunities for our participants who have intellectual disability includes those pursuits, and so we offer a full calendar of social and recreational activities.
These activities allow participants to build strong, positive relationships with their peers while also enjoying all aspects of community life. Events and activities include:
- We have an ice hockey team in AZ, The One Step Coyotes and one in CA, The One Step Sharks. Both teams are supported by the NHL, and the local hockey communities.
- An annual overnight trip called, the New Frontiers Annual Trip
- Weekly after hour Friday Fun Night and Saturday Social events
- Themed dances including an annual Boo Bash and Winter Formal
- Trips to local sporting events and restaurants
For additional information about One Step Beyond’s Recreation and Social Activities, contact Olivia Haddad, Arrowhead/Creekside Recreation and Arts Supervisor or Samantha Swanson, Surprise Campus Recreation and Arts Supervisor.